Experience the old StarCraft in a new light
Finally, after many years, Blizzard released the remastered version of their game jewel StarCraft. It is in a digital version available on the official website as well as in the Blizzard shop for 14.99€. You can get it in the following languages: English, French, German, European Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Brasilian Portuguese, Latin American Spanish, Korean, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. But the cutscenes are only in English with German subtitles.
StarCraft: Remastered comes along with some great improvements. Meanwhile, the legendary gameplay engine stays the same and won’t be touched by Blizzard. They know how much the game means to the community. So, they want to provide the old experience in a new light for veterans as well as players who never touched the game beforehand.
CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment Mike Morhaime said about this:
“We know how much StarCraft and Brood War mean to our community around the world, and our primary mission with StarCraft: Remastered was to enhance as much as we could while keeping the core StarCraft experience intact. Whether you’re a StarCraft veteran or you’re experiencing the beginning of the saga for the first time, we hope you enjoy revisiting the Koprulu Sector as much as we did.”
The remastered game comes along with the following changes and improvements:
- Full graphical upgrade of the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion
- Widescreen UHD support for up to 4K resolution
- Matchmaking and leaderboards
- Player profiles that track individual statistics
- Cloud saving for campaign progress, hotkeys, and replays
- Improved high fidelity music and sound
- Ability to switch between Remastered and the original StarCraft with the click of a button